Artist, Craig Schub, has ventured out to roads
less traveled, to get a sense of the terrain and
vegetation that is reminiscent of the plein air
paintings from early 1900s. Along the way, he
found the Sierra Nevada foothills, and the California
coast, are treasured locations in which to live and paint.
Craig works primarily in oils, and is inspired by
the ever-changing conditions when painting
outdoors. You are likely to see him with his rig,
painting along the road or in the middle of a
field of cows. Craigʼs, painterly style reflects his
graphic sensibility from early years of working in
an advertising agency, and the influence of turnof-
the-century plein air impressionism. His
current body of work, pays homage to his love
of Californiaʼs coastal villages, working cattle
ranches, farmland and the Sierra Nevada.
• California Art Club
• Laguna Plein Air Painters Association
Recent group shows include:
• February 2012 - Quady Winery, Revillier juried exhibit, Madera,
• November 2011 - Wells Fargo Bank, Laguna Beach, California
• October 2011 - Sierra Art Trails
• September 2011 - Stellar Gallery, Oakhurst, California
• March 2011- Invitational Paint Out and art
sale, Hortense Miller Garden, Laguna Beach,
• September 2010 - Wells Fargo Bank, Laguna
Beach, ʻBanking on Artʼ.
• September 2010 - North Fork Arts Council,
Fall Show, 2nd Place Oils.